Operating in Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 environments, 3E Plus performs a wide range of energy, economic, and environmental calculations to help specifiers, engineers, plant managers, and facility-management personnel determine cost savings through increased insulation thickness.
Version 4.1 of 3E Plus:
• Provides simple-payback calculations starting with thermal performance and cost of energy for both insulated and uninsulated piping and equipment.
• Performs calculations for most types of insulation materials and accepts user-provided performance data for other materials. Customized program details can be retained when the program is updated.
• Provides calculations for many fuel types and five surface orientations.
• Translates British-thermal-unit losses into dollars.
• Calculates greenhouse-gas emissions and reductions.
• Allows users to export insulation-audit data to an Excel spreadsheet.
• Includes the latest thermal curves and new insulation materials contained in ASTM International standards.
• Automatically calculates thickness tables.
• Works in metric and inch-pound units.
The program and a screen-by-screen user guide can be downloaded by clicking here.