The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has made upgrades to its National Fire Codes Subscription Service (NFCSS) to make it easier for professionals to get up to code.
Added features include:
• Downloadable PDFs. This addition makes information accessible when Internet access is not available.
• Access to up-to-date information. As a code change is issued, an update is made online.
• The ability to bookmark and store user notes for future reference.
• Code content can be e-mailed with specific requirements highlighted. Those who receive e-mailed content will have 48-hr access, even without a NFCSS subscription.
• Print options that allow a chapter or section to be printed with tables, figures, and graphics included.
The subscription service offers access to NFPA’s 300 codes and standards. Several of the most widely used documents include NFPA 101, Life Safety Code; NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm & Signaling Code; NFPA 13, Installation of Sprinkler Systems; NFPA 70, National Electrical Code; and NFPA 70E, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace. All NFPA safety codes and standards are developed through a process accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
A video demonstration of the NFCSS can be viewed online.