The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) recently announced enhancements to its Benchmarks Exchange (BEX) online portal, which allows facility professionals to compare building data filtered by industry, facility type, and geographic region.
The improved BEX is said to offer a more streamlined and expedient way to enter, access, and report data in the areas of annual facility costs, operations-and-maintenance practices, space, and staffing, with users now having the ability to:
- Create a portfolio so they need to enter their facility description only once.
- Complete data entry at a time convenient for them.
- Save their facility data for comparison with a range of facilities.
- Easily save and export queries to aid regular reporting efforts.
- Conduct benchmarking annually.
There is no charge for use of the enhanced data-entry interface. Those who provide all required data receive complimentary extended access to the reporting function, which also is available by paid subscription. BEX can be found online at www.ifma.org/BEX.