The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has announced the newly elected members of its Board of Directors. During elections that closed in December, the USGBC’s membership chose the following individuals to serve as directors:
- Elizabeth J. Heider, Skanska, filling the Constructor of Buildings seat
- Kirsten Ritchie, Gensler, filling the Green Building Educator seat
- Walter Cuculic, Green Your Home Consulting, filling the Home Builder seat
- Elizabeth Whalen, CalAg, filling the Product Manufacturer Executive seat
- Ann Archino Howe, Sustainable Design Studio, filling the Site Designer seat
- Dennis Maloskey, PA Governor's Green Government Council, filling the State and Local Government Employee seat
Additionally, the board named the following directors to fill appointed seats:
- Carlton Brown, Full Spectrum, filling the Green Affordable Housing seat
- Majora Carter, Majora Carter Group, filling the Sustainable Communities seat
Additionally, the board elected Heider as chair-elect and Punit Jain, Cannon Design, as secretary. Other officers are 2011 Chair Mark MacCracken, CALMAC, and Anthony Bernheim, AECOM, as treasurer. Tim Cole, Forbo, is now immediate past chair. USGBC President and CEO Rick Fedrizzi is an ex officio member of the board.
The USGBC has a 20-member board that includes elected and appointed positions. Elected positions serve three-year terms. Appointed positions serve two-year terms.