Produced and managed by Contracting Business and HPAC Engineering, HVACR Week 2010 in Baltimore was so full of educational, inspirational, and entertaining events and opportunities, it was hard to pick a favorite. The Top 5 attractions, according to this humble editor, were:
1) The Welcome Reception, hosted by Emerson Climate Technologies. Located in in the Hilton Baltimore, the definitive kick-off event was a successful networking opportunity for all who attended. Good food and drinks in a relaxed atmosphere eased conference participants into a busy, yet productive, week.
2) The Opening Keynote Event, presented by Trane. Keynote speaker Mike Eruzione spoke not only about his athletic experience as captain of the 1980 U.S. Olympic “Miracle on Ice” hockey team, but the guiding life lessons he took away from the adventure.
“Come prepared to be the best,” he said. “If you understand the value of work, at some point you will be successful.”
3) The Thursday Night Extravaganza, hosted by LG Commercial Air Conditioning, Rheem, and RUUD. The Extravaganza started off with a bang at the Maryland Science Center in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor as HVACR Week attendees took a night off for some recreation and interactive activity. Come on, Segways and a rooftop cigar bar: What’s not to love?
4) The Product Showcase. The latest HVACR wares and innovations were on display in the Product Showcase. With manufacturers such as WaterFurnace, Trane, Heatcraft, and ClimateMaster on the show floor, it was impossible not to find something worthy of your time. Check out HPAC Engineering’s Facebook page to see photos from the field.
5) Educational sessions. Between HVACR Week’s three conferences—HVAC Comfortech, the Engineering Green Buildings Conference, and the Commercial HVACR Symposium—the entire HVACR community was covered in three-days’ worth of educational sessions. Missed a class you wanted to check out? Don’t worry, recordings of educational events will be available for purchase.