A total of 1,813 companies will be showcasing their latest products and technologies to more than 35,000 HVACR professionals at the 62nd AHR Expo in Orlando, Fla., Jan. 25-27. According to the show’s management, the number of exhibitors is on par with 2005’s AHR Expo in Orlando and only slightly off from other recent AHR Expos. Additionally, more than 200 companies will be exhibiting at the show for the first time, and more than 375 companies are from outside of the United States.
Clay Stevens, president of International Exposition Company, the show’s organizer, said that government incentives are helping to fuel a growing demand for energy-efficient/green products and many of these technologies will be on display for the first time at the event. In addition to the hundreds of exhibitors showcasing these technologies, dozens of educational sessions also will be dedicated to energy-related topics.
Among the green educational sessions being offered during the show, the International Energy Agency will be sponsoring a workshop on “Solar Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration.” Nearly 60 companies will be showing solar products, and several hundred will be exhibiting energy-efficient and indoor-air-quality- (IAQ-) improvement products.
Industry experts will be providing educational perspectives on topics such as:
• Energy efficiency
• Energy saving and reclaiming
• Building control and automation
• Building integration
• Green-building initiatives/sustainability
• Information technology and business management
• Mold and moisture
• Alternative energy sources
Additionally, the show will include special features that offer practical information, certification, and, in many cases, continuing education credits. These include:
• New Product Technology Theaters
• Building Automation & Control Showcase
• The Software Center
• Various certification testing sessions
• More than 70 educational sessions and workshops presented by the show and its endorsing associations
• 19 short courses presented by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
The AHR Expo is endorsed by 31 HVACR industry associations and co- sponsored by ASHRAE and the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI). The Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) is an honorary sponsor. ASHRAE's winter meeting also is held concurrently with the AHR Expo each year.