ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2013, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality, incorporates 10 published addenda to Standard 62.1-2010.
Standard 62.1-2013 incorporates 10 published addenda to Standard 62.1-2010.
“The 2013 version of Standard 62.1 continues the trend of increasing clarity while adding flexibility,” Roger Hedrick, chair of the Standard 62.1 committee, said. “These changes will allow designers and building operators to meet the requirements of the standard and provide adequate ventilation airflow to occupants while reducing excess ventilation and the associated energy consumption.”
A number of changes resolve inconsistencies within Standard 62.1 and improve clarity. Significant changes include the:
• Modification of Table 6-2 to increase the ventilation effectiveness of certain underfloor air-distribution systems.
• Modification of requirements concerning the quality of water used in humidification systems.
• Clarification of building-level pressurization requirements and the addition of a definition of exfiltration.
• Addition of a performance alternative to prescriptive exhaust rates.
• Modification of ventilation rates and space types in Table 6-1.
• Modification of the filtration requirement for air entering wetted cooling coils.
The cost of ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2013 is $67 for ASHRAE members and $79 for non-members. Copies can be ordered by phone at 800-527-4723 (United States and Canada) or 404-636-8400, by fax at 678-539-2129, or online at www.ashrae.org/bookstore.