Call for Entries: HPAC Engineering Design Awards
The HPAC Engineering Design Awards are intended to honor outstanding examples of innovative HVAC building technologies being applied in new construction and retrofit applications.
Design engineers will be recognized for their work to create systems that are energy-efficient, provide outstanding comfort and indoor-air quality, and offer the most advanced yet easy-to-use control systems.
Projects submitted should include evidence of verified energy efficiency or cost savings, and contacts including the installing contractor and the building owner or manager. Also, information on any certifications (such as LEED) the building has earned or is pursuing should be included.
Also important is how the project’s design was arrived at, and how the design addressed the unique needs of the project.
In your entry, please provide the following:
- Your contact information (title, company name, address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address).
- The customer’s company name and location. Include a contact name, title, address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address. Please make sure you have the permission of your customer before entering.
- The total installed cost of the job. The mechanical costs are based on the total price to the customer for all parts and labor for HVAC, refrigeration, or plumbing work related to comfort or process control.
- A list of names and project responsibilities of key individuals in your company (and the customer’s company, if applicable) who were directly responsible for the successful design and implementation of the job.
- A list of the products (manufacturer, type of equipment, and model number) that were used on the project.
A summary of the project. Please explain how your company won the project, and how your company was able to deliver a quality project on time and on budget
The summary of your project should include information on:
- Design quality
- Installation quality
- Energy efficiency
- IAQ improvement
- Environmental impact
- Unique challenges encountered and resolved
- High quality job photographs, a representative diagram of the layout, load calculations, and other pertinent calculations or technical information.
THE DEADLINE FOR 2015 IS APRIL 30, 2015.
For more information, contact Scott Arnold, executive editor, 216-931-9980 or email@example.com.