- Each nominee must be an engineer engaged in engineering work within the HVACR and/or building automation disciplines. The "engineering work" may consist of engineering design, analysis, and/or other engineering functions performed directly by the nominee, or such work that has been accomplished under the direct responsible charge of the nominee.
- One or more of the following may nominate an engineer candidate for this award: mechanical engineers, facility owners/managers, and/or manufacturers/suppliers.
- Engineers can nominate themselves.
- Each nominee shall be a resident of the United States.
Each nominee shall have accomplished significant engineering achievements during the most recent three calendar years to be eligible for the award. Significant achievements are broken down into three areas:
- Technical Contributions to their company and customers
- Professional Contributions to the HVAC industry
- Community Contributions in the areas where they work.
Nominee Evaluation and Selection Data:
Work-related data submitted shall be for projects or activities completed or in-progress. This data should include:
- Summary of significant engineering work and the nominee’s role in those projects
- Explanation of the significance of the nominee’s work toward creating a safer and better indoor environment
- Discussion of the significance of the nominee’s work in advancing the state of HVAC knowledge as it applies to engineering mechanical systems
- Submit data for professional contributions including technical society activities, papers published and patent awards.
- Identify Community Contributions by the nominee.
- The completed application form for the HPAC Engineer of the Year Award shall then be submitted electronically to the HPAC Engineering magazine staff. Use the electronic forms provided to ensure all of the pertinent information is presented in a fashion to help highlight the nominee’s contributions for the judges.
Award Selection Committee:
- The makeup of the committee includes the HPAC Engineering editorial staff, plus members of the HPAC Engineering editorial advisory board. (NOTE: In following years, this committee could also include members who’ve either previously been involved in the judging of the award and/or previous award winners.)
- The Selection Committee will review data on the qualifications of nominees and will use the rating sheets to compare candidates. Decisions on the winner will be based solely on the submitted material in the application and nomination forms. Please do not submit additional data such as resumes.
- Decisions of the Selection Committee shall be final.
Requirements for Participation:
- Nominations must be submitted by June 30. The completed nomination and application forms (Attachment I and II) must be submitted to HPAC Engineering Magazine by 5:00 p.m. of that day.
- Send to: Mike Weil, Editorial Director, HPAC Engineering Magazine, 1300 East 9th St., Cleveland, OH 44114. Email: email@example.com. Phone: 216-931-9433.
- The staff of HPAC Engineering assumes no responsibility or liability for the entry submittals.