| ASHRAE Research Targets Tying Together BIM, Energy Efficiency |
|Ensuring that a common language of “energy efficiency” is spoken by both building-information-modeling (BIM) software used by architects and energy-analysis and simulation software used by engineers is the goal of new research funded by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE). [More] |
| DOE Webinar on Energy-Efficiency and Retrofit Jobs Set |
|The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Building Technologies Program will present a free Webinar titled "Energy Efficiency and Retrofit Jobs in the Buildings Industry—Workforce Overview" Thursday, Aug. 27, from noon to 1:30 p.m. EDT. [More] |
| June Heating- and Cooling-Equipment Shipment Data Released |
|The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) has released heating- and cooling-equipment shipment data for June 2009. [More] |
| Register for EGB before Labor Day and bring a colleague for FREE! |
|Our Two-for-One Registration special allows two people from the same company to participate in EGB Conference & Expo (EGB) and HVACR Week for the price of one (just $595). Your registration provides access to the following: |
• Two days of Commercial HVACR Symposium (CHS) and/or EGB Sessions—Choose the sessions you’d like to attend from the 14 being offered. Visit www.egbconference.com or www.hvacrsymposium.com for details.
• Bonus Session sponsored by Autodesk—“Sustainable Design and Energy Retrofits”
• Caterpillar Financial Center Tour—Qualifying “Early Bird” registrants have an exclusive opportunity to tour the first privately owned commercial building in Tennessee to be certified under the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED Rating System.
• HVAC Comfortech Seminar Program—Two dozen individual sessions over four days cover Business Management, Sales & Marketing, Service Management, Technical Training, Innovations & Opportunities, and more! Visit www.hvaccomfortech.com for complete details.
• HVACR Week Exhibit Area—Combining HVAC Comfortech, EGB, and CHS exhibitors, the HVACR Week exhibit floor will feature more than 130 companies displaying HVAC equipment, components, and services.
• HVACR Week Opening Keynote Event—Speaker, author, and entrepreneur Robin Crow presents “The Power of Service.” Sponsored by Trane.
• HVACR Week Welcome Reception—Enjoy food and drinks at this kick-off event. Sponsored by Emerson.
• HVACR Week Thursday Evening Extravaganza—Join other attendees and exhibitors at the Wildhorse Saloon for an evening of refreshments and live entertainment. Sponsored by Rheem and LG Commercial Air Conditioning.
Be Part of Something Big—At Half the Price!
As a component of HVACR Week, EGB exposes you to a multitude of events and activities beyond the scope of the conference itself. During this limited two-for-one offer, you can register two people from the same company for the price of one. Each attendee is free to choose which HVACR Week events and sessions he or she would like to attend.
To take advantage of this special offer, click here to access the Two-for-One Registration Form PDF. Then fill out the form and fax or mail it as directed. ACT NOW! To participate in this Special Two-for-One Offer, you must register by Sept. 4!
QUESTIONS? Call Marge Dietrich at 216-931-9550
| Contact information: Kate Hoban, HPAC Engineering |
Thank you for reading HPAC Engineering's Engineering Green Buildings e-newsletter.
You've received this e-newsletter for one of three reasons:
1) You signed up for it on the HPAC Engineering Website.
2) You received the HPAC Fastrack e-newsletter in the past.
3) You identified yourself as a reader of HPAC Engineering magazine.
Manage Your Subscription
To subscribe: Subscribe
To unsubscribe: Unsubscribe
To change your e-mail address:
Send an email to change, and include your old address, as well as your new address.
2009 Penton Media, Inc. All rights reserved.
| ||August 19, 2009 |
| Maximizing Stimulus Dollars With BAS |
By TERRY HOFFMANN Johnson Controls Inc. Milwaukee, Wis.
|The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) promises investments that create jobs and modernize facilities to be more energy efficient, productive, and sustainable. This funding is designed to invigorate neglected infrastructure and construction projects, leveraging the latest technologies. One way to accomplish the ARRA's goal of investing in a sustainable future is to invest in systems that will optimize hundreds of thousands of facilities for decades to come. [More] |