International Exposition Co. (IEC), producer and manager of the International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo), recently announced the winners of 2012 AHR Expo Innovation Awards.
A panel of American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) members evaluated submissions based on innovation, application, value to the user, and market impact, selecting winners in 10 categories:
• Building Automation: Geofinity Manufacturing for the ORB heat-pump controller.
• Cooling: Emerson Climate Technologies for the Copeland Scroll variable-speed compressor.
• Green Building: ClimaCool Corp. for the SHC onDEMAND simultaneous heating and cooling heat-pump system.
• Heating: Enerconcept Technologies for the Lubi wall-mounted solar air heater.
• Indoor Air Quality: E+E Elektronik for the EE245 wireless transmitter.
• Plumbing: Rheem Manufacturing Co. for the XR90 gas water heater.
• Refrigeration: Emerson Climate Technologies for the Copeland Scroll K5 refrigeration compressor.
• Software: Emerson Climate Technologies for HVACR Mobile Toolbox for Contractors.
• Tools & Instruments: Fluke Corp. for the TiR1 thermal imager.
• Ventilation: Melink Corp. for the Intelli-Hood kitchen ventilation control.
The winning companies will be honored during the 2012 AHR Expo in Chicago Jan. 24, with one receiving 2012 AHR Expo Product of the Year honors. In addition to placards to display at their booths during the event, the winners will receive an etched-crystal award to display at their headquarters.
The following companies received honorable mentions in the competition and will be given placards to display at their booths:
• Building Automation: American Auto-Matrix for the AspectFT family of energy-management and building-automation-system products, Delta Controls for the DVC-V322PoE BACnet advanced application controller, and Emerson Climate Technologies for the Copeland Scroll compressor with CoreSense communications.
• Cooling: ClimateMaster for the Tranquility 22 Digital Series geothermal heat pump, Danfoss Turbocor Compressors Inc. for the TT400 380V high-efficiency compressor, Enertech Global LLC for the GeoComfort Compass GXT Series vertical geothermal heat pump, McQuay International for the Daikin McQuay Rebel commercial rooftop unit, and Seeley International (Americas) for the Breezair Icon Series evaporative air conditioner.
• Green Building: Columbus Industries Inc. for the MICRO SHIELD mini-pleat filter, Enertech Global LLC for the TETCO ES4 Series TXT vertical geothermal heat pump, and Lochinvar LLC for the Strato-Therm+ solar thermal storage tank.
• Heating: Lochinvar LLC for the Crest condensing boiler, Mestek Inc. for the HeatNet integrated control platform for condensing hydronic heating boilers, and Uponor for the Radiant Ready 30E mechanical-room package.
• Indoor Air Quality: Building Automation Products Inc. for the BAPI CO2 sensor, Panasonic Home & Environment Co. for the WhisperSense-Lite ventilation fan/light, and Sanuvox Technologies Inc. for the R+ in-duct ultraviolet system.
• Software: Alerton for Building Suite 3 automation/energy-management software, Data-Basics Inc. for TechAnywhere mobile field-service software, J2 Innovations for FIN Builder building-automation software, and Service Automation Inc. for SAWIN Mobile wireless service software.
• Tools & Instruments: Appion Inc. for the TEZ Speed HVAC-system evacuator, Fieldpiece Instruments Inc. for the LT17AW wireless digital multimeter, and Goodway Technologies Corp. for the RAM Pro tube cleaner.
The nearly $12,000 in entry fees will be donated to a charitable organization in the Chicago area.
The AHR Expo Innovation Awards are sponsored by ASHRAE; the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute; and IEC.