Standard 55-2013 incorporates 18 addenda to its 2010 predecessor.
Standard 55-2013 incorporates 18 published addenda to its 2010 predecessor, including:
• The addition of an allowance for the cooling effect of air movement in naturally conditioned spaces.
• The addition of an alternate procedure for estimating occupant clothing insulation.
• New requirements for the measurement and evaluation of existing thermal environments.
• The requirement that air speed and air temperature be averaged.
• A clarified and streamlined Section 6, which contains documentation requirements, and Appendix J, which provides a sample compliance form.
The cost of Standard 55-2013 is $81 for ASHRAE members and $95 for non-members. Copies can be ordered by phone at 1-800-527-4723 (United States and Canada) or 404-636-8400, by fax at 678-539-2129, or online at www.ashrae.org/bookstore.