ASHRAE installed officers and directors during its 2014 Annual Conference, held June 28 to July 2 in Seattle.
ASHRAE’s president for 2014-15 is Thomas H. Phoenix, PE, principal and vice president of Moser Mayer Phoenix Associates in Greensboro, N.C. His presidential theme is “People, Passion, Performance.”
“People, passion, and performance are three things that come to mind when I think about ASHRAE,” Phoenix said. “Thanks to our 53,000 members around the globe, ASHRAE is building a worldwide best-practices network of innovative people and successful technologies to serve the built-environment community. Our membership also has great passion. I see that in how much time and dedication our people give to helping write standards, develop research, guide in policy and procedure, etc. Together, our people plus their passion ensures performance, whether that’s improving the performance of our great society or improving the performance of building stock around the world.”
Also installed for one-year terms were:
- President-Elect T. David Underwood, P.Eng., Oakville, Ontario, Canada.
- Treasurer Timothy G. Wentz, PE, associate professor, University of Nebraska–Lincoln.
- Vice President Darryl K. Boyce, P.Eng., assistant vice president, facilities management and planning, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Vice President Charles “Chuck” E. Gulledge III, PE, senior mechanical engineer, AC Corp., Greensboro, N.C.
- Vice President Bjarne W. Olesen, PhD, professor, Technical University of Denmark, Kongens Lyngby, Denmark.
- Vice President James K. Vallort, senior vice president, Environmental Systems Design, Chicago.
The following were installed for three-year terms (2014-2017):
- Region VII Director and Region Chair Larry J. Fisher, founder, ECT Services, Louisville, Ky.
- Region VIII Director and Regional Chair William K. Klock, PE, vice president, EEA Consulting Engineers, Austin, Texas.
- Region IX Director and Regional Chair Blake E. Ellis, PE, principal, Burns & McDonnell, Kansas City, Mo.
- Region X Director and Regional Chair Karine Leblanc, sales engineer, U.S. Air Conditioning Distributors, City of Industry, Calif.
- Region at Large Farooq Mehboob, PE, owner, S. Mehboob and Co., Karachi, Pakistan.
- Director at Large Mark W. Fly, PE, director of engineering and government affairs, AAON, Tulsa, Okla.
- Director at Large Daniel Int-Hout III, chief engineer, Krueger, Richardson, Texas.
- Director at Large Mick Schwedler, PE, manager, applications engineering, Trane, La Crosse, Wis.