The technical program will run Jan. 19-22 at the New York Hilton.
More than 200 technical sessions and dozens of opportunities to earn New York professional-development hours, The American Institute of Architects learning units, and LEED AP credits are planned for ASHRAE’s 2014 Winter Conference, which will be held Jan. 18-22 in New York City.
The technical program will run Jan. 19-22 at the New York Hilton and follow the format introduced at ASHRAE’s 2013 Annual Conference in June: special hour-long interactive sessions with audience participation followed by a networking coffee break.
The technical program features eight tracks with building-oriented themes:
• "Tall Buildings: Performance Meets Policy," which will examine opportunities in the design, development, and operation of tall and super-tall buildings. Use of utilities, envelope (infiltration and exfiltration), building pressure, waste handling, elevators, carbon, and adaptive reuse will be covered.
• "Building Information Systems," which will investigate how building control technologies are integrated and used for building management, operation, and efficiency.
• "Hydronic System Design," which will cover innovative design, components, and research and case studies.
• "Building Performance and Commissioning," which will discuss the achievement of high-efficiency buildings.
• "International Design," which will address innovative design strategies to meet environmental requirements.
• "Environmental Health Through Indoor Environmental Quality," which will cover the development, evaluation, and prediction of optimal indoor environmental conditions, featuring case histories, lessons learned, and advice to operators and designers about indoor environemtnal quality and disaster recovery in buildings affected by hurricanes and floods.
• "Systems and Equipment."
• "Fundamentals and Applications."
Advance registration will close Dec. 31, after which registration fees will increase to on-site pricing. For more information and to register, go to www.ashrae.org/newyork.