New tracks include:
• Industrial Facilities.
• Large Buildings: Mission Critical Facilities and Applications.
• Hospital Design and Codes.
ASHRAE recently issued a call for papers for its 2015 Winter Conference, to be held Jan. 24-28 in Chicago.
“With the conference being held in the big city of Chicago, the technical program itself is going big with a focus on big projects, the big picture, and big impacts,” Doug Cochrane, conference chair, said.
Papers are sought for eight tracks:
- Systems and Equipment, which covers considerations for a properly functioning HVAC system.
- Fundamentals and Applications, which covers a broad array of pertinent information.
- Industrial Facilities, which will explore HVAC design and practices for industrial buildings.
- Large Buildings: Mission Critical Facilities and Applications, which will look at requirements for data-center applications.
- Energy Efficiency, which covers an array of considerations for achieving net-zero energy.
- Life Safety, which covers egress, sprinklers, alarms, emergency lighting, smoke barriers, and special hazard protection.
- Design of Energy and Water Efficient Systems, which will look at what does and does not work in efforts to attain efficient systems for green sustainable buildings.
- Hospital Design and Codes, which will explore health-care design and code requirements intended to ensure patient comfort.
Two types of submissions are sought:
- Conference papers, which have an eight-single-spaced-page maximum length, are submitted in PDF format, and undergo a single-blind review. Abstracts are due March 24. Accepted papers will be due July 7.
- Full technical papers, which undergo a double-blind review and can be a maximum of 30 double-spaced pages. The deadline for these papers is April 14.
For more information and to submit a conference-paper abstract or a full technical paper, go to www.ashrae.org/chicago.
Held in conjunction with the 2015 ASHRAE Winter Conference will be the ASHRAE co-sponsored International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo), which will be held Jan. 26-28.